So I told Shawn just the other day that I would never have a blog. Blogging intimidates me. I don't really think I will be that good at it. I worry that I will tick someone off by something that I post. I am one that wears my heart on my sleeve (hence my blog name).....so blogging feels a little risky and scary to me.
Today I received a message from a sweet sweet high school friend named Carla. She basically told me that I should blog! She explained what a wonderful creative release it is for her and that made sense to me. I need that. I have so much thought, emotion, and passion that wants to explode out of my heart most of the time.....so perhaps a blog may be just the avenue to express all of that "stuff".
Once my mind passed the point of "if" I decided to blog, to "how" will I blog.....I started my worrying about upsetting other people by what I say. Then I thought to myself, "Nobody HAS to read my blog! This is for ME, not THEM....right?!?!" But that is not completely accurate. I DO believe that I have things of value to share with others, and those things may be posted on my blog....however, it will be THEIR choice to read my blog. I am comfortable with that.
I am plain. I am simple. I am not fancy, but I can be complicated. I suppose that my blog will be similar to my personality. I have always enjoyed putting words together. I am thinking that this blog may be somewhat therapeutical for my active heart/mind that rarely quiets down. So consider this a fair warning. A disclaimer. You may find my blog interesting, boring, silly, emotional, debatable, convicting, depressing, or encouraging. But ultimately, this blog is just for me to vent, organize, sort, and express what is going on in my heart. Nothing more, nothing less. I have no hidden agendas.
Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteYEAH I am excited for you to blog.. since I am the last person on earth to not be on facebook I can at least see your blog.
ReplyDeleteYesss! Wonderful! I just saw your FB post (disregard my last message then!). =) I will happily follow you blog! Come visit me any time at www.apainterlylife.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteI looooove this.. ;-)
ReplyDeletelove this - this is why i blog! i don't so much worry anymore about offending people since i'm not forcing them to read anything. :) and i just blog for myself, too. keep it up!
ReplyDelete