So, as I tip toe into this blog world, I feel the need to ease myself in as quietly as possible. There are, oh, about a hundred things that I would like to share right now. Topics from love, life, intentions, mean and insecure people, acceptance, empathy, my fears, my blessings, lessons learned, and struggles I am having RIGHT NOW.....but non of those seem "quiet", so I think that I will start with something easy and simple and non-threatening.
JAX
Jax is my new puppy. He comes home this Thursday (He will be 7 weeks old). I picked him out when he was four days old. He is a darling black and white Siberian Husky. My friend Vickie owns his Mommy & Daddy. When I found out she had another litter of puppies, I immediately wanted one. However, I told myself NO WAY!! I don't want the responsibility of having another dog (we have two itty bitty Chihuahuas- they are Shawn's....) AND I do not like animal hair all over me! But then, Shawn called me that very next day from work and told me to go to VIckie's and pick out my early Mother's Day present.....a puppy. He knows I like Siberian Huskies and have wanted one. At first I said no, then he told me "It will be our Cardoza Baby....and I want you to have another running partner". I grew up with two wonderful running sidekicks. First Caleb, a Black Lab/Queensland mix and then Marine, a Black Lab/Shepard mix that I found when I was actually out on a run. I enjoyed them so much. They were the greatest; my companion, comfort, protector, and quiet encourager. I have missed not having my running dog. Siberian Huskies LOVE to run. They are sled dogs by nature and they NEED to run. So we have a lot in common. I am excited to have Jax as my companion. I am excited to train him and take care of him. I am motherly by nature and the thought of being able to mother a new baby (even if it is just a puppy) is exciting to me.
The kids are of course thrilled to have a new puppy coming home. All four kids love animals. Jax will be smothered with love and no doubt quickly become a part of our family. We are ready and prepared for him. The kids all have specific jobs in taking care of our animals...and are excited to take care of Jax and help to train him also. Mimi and Papa are also excited to have a GrandPup. For those of you that know my family well, you know that my parents are the ultimate animal lovers. They even gave baby Jax a new kennel bed and a huge new comfy doggy bed. This baby boy is already spoiled.
I am realistic about puppies. Jax will drive me crazy at times and take lots of training. But I am ready and willing. I do not go into any situation without first assessing the risks and weighing the consequences. We are ready. And excited to love baby Jax.
No comments:
Post a Comment